Monday, February 16, 2009

Can I Get a Do-Over?

So, I had all of these hopes and plans for when I got to Utah - one of which was that I was going to go to Weight Watchers and get back on plan like gangbusters so that when I came back to Missouri in February (which is now) I would be down.

Um, yeah, so, I think I need a do-over.

I'm thinking that I need one - especially since I saw some very unflattering pictures of my mid-section taken last week at my sister's house. The pictures were taken while we were playing Guitar Hero. There is even a video of me singing lead vocals on "Beat It" by Michael Jackson that is more than slightly amusing and entertaining. Sadly, I am too vain to post it because I am ashamed of what I look like in the video. Not that most of you reading this don't already know that I've got the "muffin-top" look going on but I hate to put it out there for the world to analyze. I do have really cute hair though so perhaps some day I will reconsider. Once I've lost weight, I'll post it as my "before" picture.

It's been hard to keep track of points and make good food plans when I have not been in control of my meals. Since I have been staying with friends up until this point, it has been even harder. Don't get me wrong - the food has been delicious and I have loved my friend's cooking...

It feels like I'm always saying, "when this happens" or "starting next week" or "I'm really going to do this" for real this time, I am going to get back on track. I am going to make this do-over count.

As my friends, I hope that you will help me stay accountable. Please feel free to call or email me to see how I'm doing. I'll be happy to report.

I'm really glad that we get do-overs in life. Anyone else want a do-over?

3 comments:

rad6 said...

ok, I so know what you are talking about the areas we are not accountable for are so hard to "DO", whether it is our weight or our finances or our scripture study. Someone once said that the person who we are when no one in looking is our true character. Uh-oh! Anyway, I will be happy to check up on you!!! Planning a trip to Utah! Where will you be in July? How big is your pad? Just me and the younger group.

Amy said...

I need one, too. Last week did not go well for me in the whole Biggest Loser competition and this week is starting out worse, since I'm miserably sick. But I'm also glad for do-overs. Good luck to you on yours!

Devin & Anisa said...

I guess I haven't rad your blog for awhile. I can totally understand this feeling. I'm impressed how well you have done (and the packing - WOW!) Hang in there. It does take a while.