Well, evidently, even the "professionals" can get a little carried away. I solemnly promise to not talk to any esthetician while she is in charge of making my eyebrows pretty. I specifically told her, "I do not want them super thin. I just want them trimmed and cleaned up." Well, I guess that meant something completely different to her than it did to me.
When she was finished she handed me the mirror and asked, "How do they look? Are they too thin?" At that point there was NOTHING I could possibly say that would give me back the 1/8 of an inch of eyebrow that was lost. So, as any of you would, I said, "Oh, yeah, that's fine". She slathered on the "cooling gel", I paid my $14 and left the building. Oh, and I paid her a $3 tip. Maybe I shouldn't have but the girl probably only makes minimum wage and who can live on just that?
The furrowed brow will be permanent in about 3 years. I'm sure of it. There may be Botox in my future. See the left eyebrow (your right, my left). It has a bald spot!!! I'm now off the buy an eyebrow pencil to fill in the missing parts. And the dark eyelids? That's NOT eyeshadow my friends. Those have been hard earned from incessant allergies and more than likely, not enough water. What cosmetic procedure is there for that? Skin bleaching?
Needless to say, I won't be going back to that salon. I may have to make special trips to Missouri for my hair cuts AND my eyebrows.
I'm sure my O'Fallon friends and family won't mind a bit.
3 comments:
We definitely would NOT mind if you had to come here for all hair removal. OH, and please do not bleach your eyelids. I don't think bleach should be near eyelids.
I love thin eyebrows!!! I always get way to carried away and then have to search for an eyebrow pencil. I think they look beautiful minus the little bald spot!
Oh, I'm sorry. They don't look bad, though. I hear we have great salons here--maybe try Seattle?
Your incident kind of reminds me of my ill-fated attempt attempt at highlights when, after I pointed to a picture and said, "No, THIS is what I wanted", the "stylist" replied, "That's what you HAVE, just a different COLOR!"
Post a Comment