I have to have surgery on my left foot next week. My foot is terribly sore and tonight I dropped the cooling fan for my laptop on the exact top of the sore spot and it hurt. A lot. And the other foot? Ingrown toenail extraction on the big and middle toe for the second time in 6 months. The only thing that helped make my feet feel better was ice (cream - cherry chocolate chip ice cream to be exact).
I've kinda fallen off the wagon in so many ways. This blog, tracking my points on Weight Watchers, exercising (not that I ever really got on that wagon), my 40-before-40 list - just to name a few. My birthday is about 40 days away and that means that I've got a whole lot of things to do before then. Having foot surgery was not on that list and now I'm wondering if it will make it harder or easier to finish some of the stuff on the list. Considering how much pain my foot is in, I kinda don't care (is kinda even a word? I've used it twice in this paragraph).
In other news...a certain Missourian and his beagle dog have been visiting. It's a happy thing and I've loved having them here. Also, thanks to him, I have a new bbq grill, a new cover for my dryer vent, a hook on which to hang my bicycle in the carport and a new shower head with a hand-held thingamajig (it goes great with the new hot and cold water faucet covers I finally fixed two weekends ago).
Hopefully you've been keeping up with my sister's blog...she's been updating with tales of our travels. Speaking of which, I've just been informed that we left Florence 39 days ago (how sad is that?).
She's also got a cooking blog which she's been updating pretty regularly. I'm a
Did you know that epsom salt can be used as a laxative, fertilizer and soaking agent for minor bruises and swelling? Oh, the things you learn while soaking your toes'
Also? This blog post goes down it's own history as "the one with the most parenthesis ever".
And can I just say how grateful I am for this blog? If not for any other reason, it helps me remember the last time I colored my hair...
5 comments:
So, you aren't moving? That isn't in any of your very informative para's. Sorry about your toes Sweetie. XXXOOOXXX
epsom salt also gives you some magnesium...which you need. but too much (you probably won't get too much from soaking your feet) will cause you to have diarrhea, which is how the extra magnesium exits your body.) Although....since you do say it's used as a laxative.....hmmmm.....
Annnyyyyway...
And it's "kind of" not kinda. But really, I don't care. I still mostly use kinda...I think.
Just some thoughts while reading your post!
Hope your feet get better! I sure want some ice cream.
Love you, Leslie!
OK, terrific friend that I am (not!) didn't know you're having surgery - or have you had it already, already???????? I am so sorry, Leslie.
And only you could find the humor in all you're going through! Take care, and let me help you please!
Leslie Harms, I adore you!! Your blog always makes me smile. I hope your foot feels better soon. And please keep blogging. I love reading them! Love you bunches, cuz!
Post a Comment