So, here we go...
Recent Loves:
- Pinterest - have you been sucked in yet? It's strange combination of a great idea and a complete time-waster. It's a place for a lot of good ideas that I will more than likely never follow through on. If you want an invitation
to waste hours upon hoursto check it out, let me know. - Last night I was visiting with some very good friends and one of their littles heard me say "stupidest" and quickly corrected me and said, "oh, that's not a good word". I apologized and changed my sentence to "silliest". Such a handy little censor!
- Fall. Officially, Fall doesn't start until Wednesday but I'm loving the cooler mornings and evenings and the promise of brilliant colors expected to make their appearance on the mountainsides of the great Wasatch front. Fall also means my favorite programs are coming back on TV.
- Beloved television programs on DVD and streaming Netflix. This summer I've watched Friday Night Lights and Gilmore Girls and right now I'm watching Felicity and Alias. For me it's like re-reading classic literature. I love these shows.
- The cute new brown shoes I bought last week. So. Cute. I needed them. Really, I did. They were on sale.
What I'm Not Loving So Much:
- Two of my teeth on the top right, in back. They need new crowns. They sometimes hurt. I really don't want to spend the money to replace them but I'm getting to the point where I have no choice. I wish I had a dentist in my family.
- Cancer. This one has been on previous editions of this list. As you likely know, my beloved Daddy is battling lung cancer. After a brief trial of an oral chemo drug, he started back on IV chemo today. Three times a week then two weeks off, then it starts all over again. I wrote on my Facebook page that cancer sucks. I realized that my little censor would not have like that word so I'm going to rephrase that to "cancer stinks". Like the worst kind of smell you can imagine or have experienced and then times that by a kajillion.
- My face. Now, now - don't take that the wrong way...I recently visited with my dermatologist and we are working through some issues with adult acne. I've been battling with this for the past ten years and honestly, I'm so done with it. She said it's going to get worse before it gets better. I kind of believed her but unfortunately, she was right. I'm about 3 weeks into this treatment plan and I hope that the next 3 weeks go by fast. I'm supposed to see a change then.
- Mean people. I know that's a broad statement and somewhat vague but I'm really struggling with this. I don't know what provokes people to be so mean to one another. At what point does a person stop loving and start hating so much?
- 162 days until my cruise with Donny, Marie, my dad, Angie, Becky and Jason. And when I say Donny and Marie, I mean DONNY AND MARIE. I wish it was tomorrow. But then again, I'm glad it's not because then it would be over and I wouldn't have anything to look forward to.
Wow, that was harder than I thought. I'm really out of blogging shape. Who are we kidding, I'm out of all kinds of shape. Except soft and marshmallow-y. I'm definitely in that shape.

3 comments:
I miss you. You are a fun magnet. I love your sense of humor. You have a great wit and it makes me laugh. Thanks for taking the time to post and brighten my night. Maybe I will post again, too. Maybe!
A fun magnet. I like that, Kate. Yes, you definitely are. I thought for a minute, "wait - you hate the cruise you're going on???" and then I realized that you mean you hate that it's still that far away. I'm slow.... And the little censor agent is a hoot!
Love you. And I've never seen your face with acne...it has always been this perfect complected face.
Post a Comment