It's been exactly one day since I made chocolate chip cookies - which was exactly one day after I swore I was going to get back on track with Weight Watchers. Truthfully, I've gained back all of the weight I lost last year plus some. Not good at all. I'm sure the chocolate chip cookies aren't going to help. I made them yesterday morning with the intention of taking them to a game night "thing" but then decided not to go and ended up with cookies.
It's been one week since I quit satellite television. This hasn't been too hard since I have Netflix and HuluPlus. I was kinda missing it tonight though. There just isn't any satisfaction browsing the channels when you only get 15 channels.
It's been one month since....well, I don't know what. I'm sure something important happened one month ago but it's escaped me now.
It's been 360 days (almost one year) since I had Lasik surgery which means almost one year since ditching the glasses I wore for almost 30 years! Well, not the same pair but you know what I mean.
I've read so many blogs with cute year in review posts with lots of pictures and then promising posts with new year resolutions. I'm not doing either. All of the good things that happened in 2010 have already been documented here and I'm not too confident in my ability to keep any new resolutions since I'm still trying to complete the ones I made on my birthday in 2009!
Anyway, Happy 2011! I hope it is everything you want it to be.
5 comments:
I would love me some of those cookies right about now. Kinda glad I don't have any to tempt me, though.
Leslie, I absolutely know there were some wonderful things that happened to you in 2010. And yes, you've documented them. Just don't forget them. Loved your California trip and the walk across the Golden Gate Bridge. Loved your trip to Italy and all the other places you went and took me along in your pocket! I may never get to any of those places in person, but you shared and I enjoyed!
The cookies sound wonderful. I do confess it's probably good I do not have an oven right now. Sorry you missed game night, though. And as far as gaining weight goes? I know how you're feeling. I've been there too many times. But sometimes we get so wrapped up in the weight game, we forget to enjoy the real game of life. You've got a great one going for you! Hang on and remember there is a lot of wonderful future just waiting for you out there! Go and tackle it!
Whatever you do with those cookies, DO NOT seal them in a foodsaver bag!
Or, if you really don't want to eat them, DO seal them in a foodsaver bag. (You know this is a joke, right?)
BTW, cross off #14 from your "40 List"
Love you!
New years resolutions... whatever. Mine are not going so well.
I have lots to do.
But as long as we are smelling the roses so to speak on the way, we are doing ok.
love ya Les.
Post a Comment