I would like to go back to a simpler time in my life. A time when working was just something I did for gas money and a new denim skirt. A time when I could actually wear a denim skirt! I would like to go back to a time when cancer was something that happened to other people. Or back to a day when I woke up happy and went to bed without worrying about the next day. A day when there weren't so many choices to make (especially when watching television). I would like to go back to a time when weekends were all about meeting new people and going on dates and getting excited about it. It would be simpler to just have to worry about making it to class on time instead of worrying that there isn't enough time in the day to learn new things. I wish that I could go back to a time when someone else worried about paying the bills for necessities (thank you Mom and Dad). And although I would never want to go back and do it all over again, I think that this life seemed a lot more carefree than the one I have now.
Happy Halloween!
Happy Halloween!

5 comments:
Those were definitely the days. Hmmm.... not sure I would want to go back, but I definitely know what you mean!! Sounds like you need a trip to Sac! :)
Love ya
Hey what about the days of living with fun roommates and worrying about the puzzle pieces falling on the floor. Or the days when we would worry about not watching movies like "Steel Magnolias" with people that we didn't trust to not tease us for bawling like a baby. Oh, I could go on and on!!!!
I know what you're saying. I keep myself up nights just worrying about all the things that are now MY responsibility. Who ever thought it was a good idea to trust me with so much???
You know what Sister? I keep reminiscing about my life and feeling nostalgic about it all and the truth is, it sucked then too! I wouldn't want to go back because now I can make (for the most part)my life into what I want it to be..well except money and body, but that's besides the point! LOL
anyway..what I am trying to say is...it sucked then and sometimes it still sucks now. The end.
Like my way of sympathizing?
Hmmm, doesn't that sound nice....
Post a Comment