Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Things I am missing right now:
  1. Glee - I am so glad that I just starting watching this show and was able to watch the whole season in 1 1/2 weeks. I would have HATED having to wait a whole week for the next episode. I'm so sad that it's not on for a few months though. I'll just have to watch the episodes over and over again.
  2. Christmas decorations. For some reason, I didn't bring them with me to Utah! I have a few little snowmen that my Aunts gifted me when I was in California last month. I miss having a tree with my ornaments.
  3. Family. I miss them lots. I'm going to Texas this year and will get to see my closest family but I do miss my California, Colorado and Missouri family. I hope to go home to Missouri in February though and I'll be able to see most of them then.
  4. Reading. Since I finished the Harry Potter series for the 2nd/3rd time. 3rd time for books 1-6 and 2nd time for book 7. Not sure what to read next. Any suggestions?
  5. Short hair. Since I made the goal on my 40 Before 40 list to grow my hair 4 inches, I can't cut it as short as I would like. Not sure I'm going to make this goal.
  6. Contact Lenses. If you haven't heard, I'm having Lasik surgery on 12/31/09. In the meantime, I have to wear my glasses. I really hate wearing my glasses.
  7. A non-runny nose. Ever since I got sick after Thanksgiving, my nose still runs. Bleh.
What I don't miss:
  1. The 10 lbs. I've lost since September. Yay me! I've cut waaayyy back on carbs and it's paid off. Only 30 lbs. to go before 9/8/10. I can totally do that!
  2. High School. Do I really have to explain this?
  3. Bread. I thought I would, but really, I don't miss it as much as I thought I would. Don't get me wrong - I still eat it, but not every day.
  4. My ingrown toenails. Sorry if it's TMI, but I had them cut out a couple of weeks ago by a very abled Podiatrist. He just might be the best friend I ever made in December. What a difference a few centimeters of missing toenail makes!
  5. Jon & Kate Plus 8. I hope they aren't heartbroken.
  6. My old job. I miss my friends from my old job, but not the job. I have to admit, this past year at my new/old company has had its ups and downs, but nothing compared to the pain and suffering endured at the old job.
And that my friends is what's going through my mind this cold December night. I should really be in bed right now. I think that's what I'm really missing. Sleep!

3 comments:

rad6 said...

THINGS I MISS.... YOU!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Julie L said...

Love this post, Leslie. Have fun in Texas!

Catherine said...

When you were saying you were missing your Colorado family, can we be part of that group? Please?