Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Keeping you in the loop

I've received a bit of flack from my sister a few of my readers for not posting any new entries in awhile. As always, I could say that I've been super busy and in reality that is true. However, I've been super busy doing really unimportant things. Oh wait, that's not entirely true. I have been working on "the list" (see the list to the left of this post). I've crossed one more thing off and have managed to read 13 of the 40 books I pledged to read before my next birthday (which is, ugh, six months from yesterday). If you're looking for good book recommendations, I'm happy to tell you what and what not to read...

Other than that, I've been daydreaming a lot and making notes and bookmarking cool things and ideas that I've found online.

I'm back on a carb restricted diet. Basically this means that for the next 11 days, I'm not eating any carbs. After two weeks (I'm on day three), I'll be able to slowly reintroduce them into my diet. I don't really miss them yet.

My passport is currently at the Brazilian Consulate in San Francisco awaiting approval on a travel visa. I'm going to Sao Paulo in April. From there I'm probably going to NYC - gotta mark #10 off the list.

In May, I'm still thinking of going to Seattle. Oh, and I plan on walking to work at least 3 days a week. May has good weather for that.

June will take me to Amsterdam and Italy - this time my Dad AND sister are coming and I'm just tagging along. What this means is that I'm letting them make all of the really important decisions. The only decision I want to make is which flavor of gelato I will eat each day. I don't want them picking that for me. Oh and the whole restricted carb thing? Totally out the window in the month of June!

Um, yeah, so that's what is going on with me. What's new in your world?

3 comments:

Angie said...

Umm, what's new with me??

Well...I'm day dreaming about June and although I want it to hurry up and get here, I too am restricting stuff on my diet. I'm not going full carb restricted, but I'm tracking my calories and trying to be a good girl. So June can take it's time as far as those 20 lbs are concerned! LOL

I didn't even think about gelato!! mmmmm....gelato!

I'm sorry, did you say something?

Amy said...

Its sounds like you're going to have a lot of fun this year! Good for you!

Julie L said...

Yay! Love your successes Leslie! Purchased another great book you can add to your reading pile, by the way, since I got to the airport and realized I left "These is my Words" home. It killed me! Can't wait to get back to it. But am totally engrossed in Forgotten Garden now. You will love it if you haven't read it yet.